London Office – Graduate Valuer
Principal Purpose of Job
To join the London based Valuation Department as a Surveyor and be relied upon to deliver a high standard of valuation reporting and advice to a variety of clients, most notably: leading lending institutions and large public sector organisations. Whilst the role will predominantly focus of the preparation of reports and valuation advice for clients, the candidate will also be expected to have strong inter-personal skills and the capability to develop client relationships and engage in business development events, as appropriate.
The role offers a great prospect for promotion within a well-regarded Practice and high performing and growing department.
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
- Undertake inspections of residential and commercial property throughout London and SE England in support of providing valuation advice.
- Prepare valuation reports for secured lending and financial reporting purposes.
- To be capable of working well both independently and within a small team.
- To help manage and train graduate members of staff that are pursuing the APC
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of valuation methodology and possess strong analytical and report writing ability
- Capable of formulating professional advice and valuation opinion concerning a wide range of property types.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the RICS and legal requirements associated with providing valuation reporting.
- To ensure customer care is a priority at all times and every effort is made to manage client expectations and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Candidates should be a Chartered Surveyor and RICS Registered Valuer.
The post holder will be based in London but must be prepared to travel to sites on a regular basis and operate from client operational sites and locations in the event of business needs.
All employees are expected to keep informed of developments in legislation and regulations and must therefore be prepared to continually update their knowledge. Should staff aim for formal qualifications the opportunities will be considered and provided on review. Any Qualified staff must undertake Continual Professional Development.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that staff work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of SW’s obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above-named post and employees may be required to undertake additional duties and tasks.
All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service always.