Birmingham Office – Graduate Valuer
Principal Purpose of Job
We have a current opportunity to work alongside the Valuation Partner and Head of Office to service existing Valuation instructions and to shape and grow this important area of our local and national business. Additionally, to support other areas of the office’s business.
Sanderson Weatherall specialises in providing valuations for Loan Security Purposes to the main UK Banks, emerging Challenger Banks, Bridging funds, Fintech companies and Peer-To-Peer lenders. As a result, we undertake a large range of valuations from interim development funding to long term investment finance, and across a range of property types, from shops, to city centre apartments, warehouses and trading properties such as care homes and day nurseries. We also prepare reports and valuations for Financial Reporting, Viability and Expert Witness Purposes.
The role involves working in a small team to deliver a class-leading valuation service to our Clients, securing repeat business and looking to extend our existing contacts and relationships with lenders, investors and developers. Also, to promote the various service lines of Sanderson Weatherall, and help develop the firm’s business and reputation across the Midlands market.
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
- To accept instructions, inspect, value and report on properties within stated deadlines, and follow up with our Clients accordingly.
- To help win new business, manage the service delivery within the Birmingham Office valuation team.
- To provide professional advice to Clients in their strategic consideration for the use of buildings.
- To actively ‘network’ around the Birmingham and West Midlands market.
- To assist in training graduates and to forge good working relationships with SW Valuers in our other UK offices.
- To ensure the Quality Assurance procedures and Red Book compliance are always adhered to.
- To ensure Client care is always a priority and that Client requests are dealt with effectively and speedily.
- To ensure that all work is carried out competently and right first time, within the time set down.
- To ensure accurate and comprehensive records are maintained.
- To ensure fee management is optimised.
1. MRICS qualified.
2. RICS Registered Valuer
4. Strong client relationship skills and knowledge of the Birmingham market.
4. Practical understanding of commercial property valuation and the Red Book.
5. Strong verbal & numerical skills and adept at report writing.
6. A team player with an out-going persona and excellent communication skills.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
8. Ability to work under pressure, manage time and meet deadlines.
9. Commercial acumen, knowledge of competitors, business strategies / tactics.
10. Practical experience of Quality Assurance Procedures and Compliance
11. A current, full driving licence is essential.
The post holder will be based at the Birmingham Office but must be prepared to travel to sites on a regular basis.
Our Birmingham office has ambitious growth projections across all Service Lines, and this role offers excellent career progression prospects.
All employees are expected to keep abreast of developments in legislation and property regulations and must therefore be prepared to continually update their knowledge. All surveyors must satisfy the Continual Professional Development requirements of the RICS.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that employees work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of Sanderson Weatherall’s obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive, but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above named post and employees may be required to undertake duties and tasks not noted above. All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.