Office Administrator / Secretary
Principal Purpose of Job
An opportunity to support the development of this important area of our local and national business from our Manchester office. To provide effective and efficient support to the professional staff in the delivery of client service, by ensuring that they are fully supported in their day to day management surveying activities including producing documents/reports to a very high standard, arranging meetings, administration, and ensuring excellent levels of client care are always delivered and maintained.
To provide effective and efficient support to the professional staff in the delivery of client service, by ensuring that they are well prepared for meetings, documents are produced to a high quality and excellent standards of client care are delivered and maintained at all times.
To act as the first point of call in the absence of the professional staff, ensuring that clients and/or other inquirers are updated on developments, informed as to the progress of the work, or general enquiries answered. This is to ensure minimum duplication of work and the maximum profitable use of professional staff time
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
Responsible for administrative and secretarial support to Partners and professional staff in the Valuation Department and in particular:
– Complete organisational delivery of the administrative service for the Valuation department, managing client calls, e-mails, and any and all associated administration for the designated Partner and associated team members.
– Excellent service delivery of letters, valuation reports, schedules, fee accounts, minutes and other correspondence in accordance with in house formats and procedures. Contributing to the improvement of those formats and procedures and undertaking any other typing and administrative support as required by the departmental heads.
– Assisting surveyors with the maintenance of files and opening & closing, both paper and computer-based files, in accordance with the firm’s QA (Quality Assurance) procedures.
– Assisting surveyors with conflict checks and anti money laundering procedures.
– The proficient use of in-house systems and databases e.g. Alcium to ensure that data is obtained, input, managed, stored and released in accordance with Company and legislative procedures / standards.
– Maintaining, as required, individual and departmental diaries to ensure professional staff are aware of commitments and deadlines, making appointments and travel arrangements.
– General administrative duties including photocopying, faxes, processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing, mailshots and general housekeeping.
– General financial administrative duties and support / management for all Valuation team-members. Assistance with debt-control including processing incoming and outgoing invoices.
– Managing diaries and confirming / arranging inspections.
– Inputting expenses onto in-house system (Proactis)
– Providing secretarial cover for other departments within the division, when necessary
1. Good operational administrative experience with Microsoft Office suite of systems.
2. Relevant level of experience, qualification to deliver effective, high speed typing service.
3. Good telephone skills internally and externally and excellent communication skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure, manage time and assist the team in meeting deadlines.
5. Commercial acumen, knowledge of competitors, business strategies / tactics.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that employees work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of Sanderson Weatheralls’ obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above post and employees may be required to undertake duties and tasks not noted above. All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service always.
The post holder will be based at the Manchester office and may on occasion be prepared to travel to sites and other SW offices.