London Office – Graduate Valuer
Principal Purpose of Job
To gain a good understanding of the work undertaken within the Valuation Department, covering all necessary areas of work required to support and complement the existing team. Actively work to promote the services, support growth of the department and enhance the reputation of Sanderson Weatherall LLP as a Practice. The role offers great opportunities for a graduate to join a vibrant, professional and well regarded Practice and Department within its core sector. Opportunities exist for personal and professional development through the structure of Sanderson Weatherall LLP.
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
- To accept instructions from line managers and provide financial and asset data analysis, information, research, draft reports or other deliverables as requested in respect of valuation protocols.
- To provide such information to required deadlines
- To use IT facilities and applications where necessary with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint pre-requisites.
- To ensure compliance with legal and any applicable RICS requirements.
- To ensure customer care is a priority at all times and that customer complaints are reported to senior colleagues.
- To ensure that all work is carried out competently and right first time; within the time set down.
- To ensure Quality procedures and records are maintained
- To ensure, with your Supervisor, that experience identified is gained and recorded by you and that any areas of concern are addressed.
Candidates should hold a degree or appropriate diploma and ideally experience in financial systems and/or auditing. Candidates would also preferably have a good working knowledge of the relevant working practices of valuation, business understanding and profiles.
The post holder will be based in London but must be prepared to travel to sites nationwide on a regular basis and operate from client operational sites and locations in the event of business needs. A full UK driving licence is mandatory and access to a vehicle is preferred.
All employees are expected to keep informed of developments in legislation and regulations and must therefore be prepared to continually update their knowledge. Should staff aim for formal qualifications the opportunities will be considered and provided on review. Any Qualified staff must undertake Continual Professional Development.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that employees work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of SW’s obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive, but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above named post and employees may be required to undertake additional duties and tasks.
All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.