Birmingham Office – Graduate Valuer
Principal Purpose of Job
To gain a good understanding of the work undertaken within the Practice, covering all necessary areas of Chartered Surveyors work to attain professional qualification (APC). Actively to promote the services, and enhance the reputation of Sanderson Weatherall LLP as a Practice.
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
- To accept instructions from line managers and provide financial and asset data analysis, information, research, draft reports or other deliverables as requested in respect of valuation protocols.
- To provide such information to required deadlines.
- To use IT facilities and applications where necessary.
- To ensure compliance with legal and any applicable RICS requirements.
- To ensure customer care is a priority at all times and that customer complaints are reported to senior colleagues.
- To ensure that all work is carried out competently and right first time; within the time set down.
- To ensure Quality procedures and records are maintained
- To ensure, with your Supervisor, that experience identified is gained and recorded by you and that any areas of concern are addressed.
- To ensure your APC diary is regularly kept up to date.
Candidates should hold a degree or appropriate diploma and have experience in surveying along with a good working knowledge of the relevant legislation including Health and Safety, Building and Fire Regulations.
The post holder will be based in Birmingham City Centre but must be prepared to travel to sites on a regular basis and operate from client operational sites and locations in the event of business needs.
All employees are expected to keep informed of developments in legislation and property regulations and must therefore be prepared to continually update their knowledge. Qualified staff must undertake Continual Professional Development.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that staff work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of SW’s obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive, but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above named post and employees may be required to undertake additional duties and tasks.
All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.