Newcastle Office – Graduate Surveyor / Surveyor
Principal Purpose of Job
To gain a good understanding of the work undertaken within Asset Management, covering all necessary areas of work required to support and complement the existing team. To work alongside the Associate Partner in Newcastle office, completing all fundamental aspects of asset management for a diverse client base across the North East and to work with the wider Asset Management team nationally as necessary on both occupier and investment clients. Actively work to promote the services, support growth of the department and enhance the reputation of Sanderson Weatherall LLP as a Practice.
Specific Duties and Details of Actual Work
The role encompasses asset management, advice to clients along with some Landlord and Tenant matters.
- To provide our clients with the high level of service expected from a leading firm of Chartered Surveyors and in compliance with appropriate management contracts.
- To act as lead surveyor on a portfolio of clients as advised and subsequently overseen by the existing Associate Partner
- To manage the appropriate geographical region in conjunction with the national team for any occupier clients
- To prepare annual budgets and service charge reconciliations in accordance with the RICS service charge code of practice.
- To assist department head with monthly and quarterly client reporting on all aspects of property management.
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- To ensure the policy of Best Practice is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure QA (Quality Assurance) procedures and records are maintained.
- To ensure that all work is carried out competently and right first time; within the time set down.
- To ensure fee management is maximised by providing interim accounts and details of fee recovery as required.
- To assist with the identification of business leads by introducing and implementing new concepts and ideas.
Candidates should hold a degree or appropriate diploma and be working towards RICS membership or be prepared to do so. Ideally, the candidates should have experience in asset management procedures and financial systems. Candidates would also preferably have a good working knowledge of the relevant legislation / working practices within asset management, together with strong client skills, business understanding and commercial acumen.
The post holder will be based in Newcastle but must be prepared to travel to sites nationwide on a regular basis and operate from client operational sites and locations in the event of business needs. A full UK driving licence is desirable and access to a vehicle is preferred.Job Development
All employees are expected to keep informed of developments in legislation and regulations and must therefore be prepared to continually update their knowledge. Any Qualified staff must undertake Continual Professional Development.
Health and Safety
SW takes all reasonable steps to ensure that staff work in an environment where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Staff similarly have a responsibility to comply with the policies and procedures prepared by the firm and to ensure that their actions do not adversely affect their own safety or the safety of others. Full details of SW’s obligations and the responsibilities of employees are contained in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Manual. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for all staff.
This job description is by no means exhaustive, but acts as a guideline for the main duties and responsibilities of the above named post and employees may be required to undertake additional duties and tasks.
All employees are reminded that whilst in the employment of SW they represent the company and as such have a responsibility to provide a professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.