Last week, experts from our compulsory purchase team attended a meeting held by HS2 Ltd on the updated timescales for Phase 2 of the planned high-speed railway, High Speed 2 (HS2).
The key stages are set out below:
– Consultation stage between September – December 2018
– Further consultation planned this year
– Hybrid Bill submission – Mid 2020
– Royal assent expected – 2023
– Early engineering construction work will begin – 2025
– Construction of main civils completion expected – 2030
– Fit out and testing
– Fully operation – 2033
We have a specialist team of compulsory purchase experts who are currently working with owners and occupiers of affected sites along the route, please contact us if you think you might be affected by the scheme.